The beneficiary host is the 501(c)(3) organization that licenses Via Colori®, takes on the coordination of the festival and uses the earnings to further its mission.
Organizations that are most successful with Via Colori share some traits:
- their missions are not highly controversial and are broadly supported throughout the market
- they have annual budgets of more than $1,000,000
- they have at least one staff member who can focus his or her efforts on this special event
- they have or are developing well-rounded fundraising strategies to include direct appeals, special events and institutional funding
- they are looking to raise the awareness of their community about their missions